| Randall Agee
A strong immune system is invaluable, standing ready to take action in the event illness strikes. A healthy diet, exercise, quality sleep, good hygiene, and stress management help ensure that your immune system is up to the task of fighting disease whenever the need arises.
Antibacterial and Antiviral Diffusion Blend:
Lavender, tea tree, and thyme essential oils are renowned for their ability to keep sickness at bay. At the very least, this diffusion is likely to lessen symptoms and shorten duration. In a dark-colored glass bottle large enough to hold the amount of the diffusion blend you want to make, combine equal amounts of lavender, tea tree, and thyme essential oils, and shake well to blend. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses. Diffuse this blend during cold and flu season, or whenever someone in your home is starting to feel under the weather.
Invigorating Black Pepper-Bergamot Bath:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Black pepper essential oil is an excellent overall tonic, aiding spleen and colon function while putting its antiseptic property to work keeping colds, flu, and even mental and emotional malaise at bay. Bergamot also helps keep germs at bay while lifting the spirits.
- 1 Tablespoon carrier oil
- 6 drops black pepper essential oil
- 6 drop bergamot essential oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil along with the black pepper and bergamot essential oils and stir to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Enjoy this bath anytime illness is going around or whenever you fell like taking a few moments to invest in your health.