| Randall Agee
Strep throat is a highly contagious bacterial infection that causes extreme pain and discomfort to the head, throat and even stomach areas. To identify strep throat, symptoms may appear as swollen tonsils, swollen lymph nodes, high fever and yellow or white spots in the back of the throat. Common symptoms of cold like running nose and sneezing doesn’t always accompany strep throat. So, having a cold doesn’t always means its strep throat that is the causing fever and so on.
Essential oils help you to fight against strep throat but if the infection gets worse, then you should consult a doctor to get antibiotics to treat it. Without a proper treatment the infection could remain actively contagious for as long as three weeks even though apparently its symptoms may disappear.
Lemon Rosewood Bath to Treat Strep Throat:
Lemon and Rosewood bath helps to fight against bacterial infection while relieving pain. Diffusing equal amount of both oils in the room while you are sick can be extremely beneficial for strep throat.
- 1 Tablespoon of Carrier Oil
- 5 Drops of Rosewood Essential Oil
- 2 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Take a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of carrier with 5 drops of rosewood essential oil and 2 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Mix them well until you don’t see any free oil.
- Make a warm water bath and add the mixture in it.
- Soak in the bath for 15 minutes.
- Be cautious while getting out of the bath because the oils can be slippery.
- Repeat this procedure four times a day as needed.
Sandalwood essential oil can fight against bacteria that causes strep throat. It relaxes you and eases the pain inflicted in the throat. If you don’t have sandalwood essential oil, you can use tea tree essential oil too.
- 1 Ounce of Water
- 4 Drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Mix 1 ounce of water with 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil into a glass
- Gargle with it for 15 seconds
- Repeat this treatment as long as problem persists