| Randall Agee
Acid reflux is when stomach acid moves from the stomach to the esophagus. This happens when a ring of muscle known as the lower esophageal sphincter fails to close completely or opens too often. If acid reflux occurs more than twice weekly, you may have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD); see your doctor if this is the case, as severe symptoms could indicate the presence of a hiatal hernia.
MAKES 5 TO 10 TREATMENTS
With this remedy you can relax your muscles while you easy any discomfort you may feel. For frequent acid reflux, you may prepare a larger batch to be used up to two weeks in advance. Those with epilepsy or who are pregnant should avoid this treatment.
- 2 teaspoons carrier oil
- 4 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 4 drops fennel essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil along with the eucalyptus, fennel, and peppermint essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Using fingertips, rub several drops of the blend on the upper abdominal area when acid reflux strikes.
- Repeat this treatment as needed. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.