| Randall Agee
Acne may be mild, moderate, or severe; in all cases, it is caused by sensitivity to androgenic hormones, which are primarily produced during the teenage years. This sensitivity, coupled with the presence of bacteria, dirt, and oil on and beneath the skin, produces blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, bumps, and nodules. Seek medical treatment, if acne fails to respond to natural remedies.
Geranium Spa Facial Mask:
MAKES 1 GENEROUS TREATMENT
Geranium essential oil combines with spa facial clay, yogurt, and honey to soothe the inflammation that accompanies acne.
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Spa Facial Clay
- 6 Drops Geranium Essential Oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the honey, yogurt, clay, and geranium essential oil, and stir to combine.
- After cleansing the affected areas, use your fingertips to apply the mixture, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask in place for up to 1 hour, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every 2 to 3 days until symptoms subside.