| Randall Agee
Arthritis symptoms vary depending on the type of arthritis; many sufferers experience joint pain, stiffness, and a debilitating loss of range of motion. While many people with arthritis are past middle age, there are some forms of the disease that strike younger people, including juveniles.
Detoxifying Arthritis Bath:
MAKES 14 TREATMENTS
Toxins complicate arthritis, and detoxifying essential oils such as cypress, fennel, and juniper can bring rapid relief. Do not use any other arthritis treatments for the two weeks that you use this bath, even those containing essential oils. Do not use this remedy if you have broken skin or are prone to rashes.
- 30 Drops Fennel Essential Oil
- 16 Drops Cypress Essential Oil
- I0 Drops Juniper Essential Oil
- 2 Handfuls Epsom Salts
- 1 Handful Dead Sea or Rock Salt
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the fennel, cypress, and juniper essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- While the water is running, add the Epsom and Dead Sea salts to the bathtub followed by 4 drops of the essential oil blend.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day for 2 weeks. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.
Soothing Peppermint Massage Oil:
MAKES 60 TREATMENTS
Peppermint essential oil alleviates the pain and inflammation that accompanies arthritis. Use this soothing massage oil as often as needed to bring fast relief, naturally.
- 31/2 ounces carrier oil
- 60 drops peppermint essential oil (other choices: ginger, eucalyptus, or thyme)
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil and the peppermint essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Allow the massage oil to sit unused for 4 days.
- Using your fingertips, apply 1 to 3 drops of the blend to each affected area.
- Repeat this treatment as needed. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.