| Randall Agee
Back pain may range from mild to severe, and may happen for a variety of reasons, including strained muscles, slipped vertebrae, trauma, and disease. If back pain worsens, does not respond to natural remedies, or is the result of an accident, you should seek medical assistance as soon as possible. Serious back injuries can lead to complications, including paralysis.
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Both lavender and rosemary essential oils promote muscle relaxation, soothing the spasms that often contribute to back pain. Some other essential oils to try in a bath include birch, ginger, and Roman chamomile.
- In glass bowl, combine the carrier oil along with the lavender and rosemary essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub as it maybe slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed.
Soothing Backache Massage Blend:
MAKES 10 TREATMENTS
Rosemary, sage, and thyme essential oils are rich in carvacrol and thymol, two natural compounds that aid in muscle relaxation; lavender and Roman chamomile enhance this synergistic blend, and ginger acts as a natural analgesic.
- ½ Ounce Carrier Oil
- 6 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Sage Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Thyme Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil along with the lavender, ginger, Roman chamomile, rosemary, sage, and thyme essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Draw a warm bath and add 4 to 6 drops of the blend to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Towel off, and have a helper apply a small amount of the massage blend to your sore back.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.