| Randall Agee
Broken or swollen capillaries may occur anywhere on the body but are frequently seem on the nose and cheeks. Capillaries are tiny blood vessels that supply skin and other organs with oxygen and nutrients while removing waste. When they break or swell, they look like tiny pink, red, or purple threads lying just beneath the skin surface. If natural remedies do not bring the level of improvement you desire, consider seeing a dermatologist.
MAKES 12 TO 24 TREATMENTS
Helichrysum, lavender, and cypress essential oils help constrict blood vessels and reduce the appearance of broken or swollen capillaries. Start this treatment as soon as you notice a problem for best results.
- 20 drop s helichrysum essential oil
- 16 drops lavender essential oil
- 12 drops cypress essential oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle fitted with an orifice reducer, add the helichrysum, lavender, and cypress essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Using your fingertips, apply 2 to 4 drops of the blend to the affected area, rubbing lightly. If applying cosmetics, wait until the essential oils have been absorbed.
- Repeat this treatment 2 times a day until the broken capillaries fade.
Soothing Facial Compress:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Geranium and lemongrass essential oils soothe skin and promote a glowing, healthy look, while cypress, helichrysum, and lavender essential oils help constrict blood vessels.
- 8 Drops Argan Carrier Oil
- 3 Drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Cypress Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Geranium Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 Pint Cold Water
- In a small glass bowl, add the argan carrier oil along with the helichrysum, lavender, cypress, geranium, and lemongrass essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Using your fingertips, apply the entire treatment to your freshly washed face.
- In a medium glass bowl, add the water.
- Submerge a towel in the water, wring it out, and apply the compress to the affected area. Leave the compress in place for 15 minutes or until it warms to body temperature.
- Rinse the face with cool water before applying cosmetics.
- Repeat this treatment once a day.