| Randall Agee
Sniffling, sneezing, congestion, and coughing are some of the most common cold symptoms. More often than not, they're preceded by a sore throat. Caused by a virus for which there is no cure, the common cold is often accompanied by fatigue, headache, and a low fever, although not all of these symptoms may be present. Cold symptoms typically respond very well to treatment with essential oils.
Camphor Vapor Treatment:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Camphor’s strong, penetrating aroma helps clear the lungs, ease cough and promote relaxation. This vapor treatment helps deliver it straight to lungs. It may also be diffused in the room where you spend the most time
- 3 Cups Hot Water
- 2 Drops Camphor Essential Oil
- In a shallow bowl or basin, add hot water and camphor essential oil.
- Sit comfortably tenting your head with a towel over the bowl and breathe deeply for 3 -4 minutes emerging for fresh air as needed. fora to
- Repeat this treatment once a day during your cold.
Eucalyptus-Pine Cold Liniment:
MAKES 5 TREATMENTS
The penetrating aroma and clearing action of eucalyptus and pine essential oils help eliminate chest congestion while clearing sinuses. This liniment can also be used as a bath oil. Take care when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- 2 ½ Ounces Carrier Oil
- 10 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Pine Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil along with the eucalyptus and pine essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Using your fingertips, apply 1 tablespoon of the blend to the chest area and massage it into the skin. Cover the blend with a soft cloth to aid in penetration and keep the treatment in place.
- Repeat this treatment up to 3 times a day until symptoms subside.