| Randall Agee
Cuts and Scrapes:
When cuts scrapes happen, removing any foreign matter and treating the injury with essential oils can help prevent infection and promote healing. If a cut is very deep, or is accompanied by spurting arterial blood, seek emergency treatment.
Cool Lavender Compress:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Lavender essential oil helps take the sting out of cuts and scrapes while eliminating bacteria. The cool compress provides additional relief and stops swelling.
- 1 Pint Cold Water
- 6 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a medium glass bowl, add the water and lavender essential oil.
- Submerge a towel in the water, wring it out, and apply the compress to the wound. Leave the compress in place until it warms to body temperature.
- Repeat this treatment, using a clean cloth each time, until the bleeding stops.
Tea Tree First Aid Spray:
MAKES 24 TREATMENTS
Tea tree essential oil stops bacterial activity, making this spray ideal for spritzing on small wounds. First rinse the wound with water or, if not near a water source, irrigate the wound well with the spray for effective cleansing.
- 4 Ounces Purified Water
- 40 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass spray bottle, add the water and tea tree essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Spray the blend on the wound
- Allow the wound to air-dry after the treatment.
- Do not repeat this treatment after a scab form.