| Randall Agee
Itchy, flaky skin, red, inflamed areas, and bumpy rashes are all common forms of dermatitis. You may have developed contact dermatitis following exposure to an irritant, or your dermatitis could be brought on by exposure to overly dry, warm air. If dermatitis does not subside with treatment, it could be symptomatic of a serious illness such as skin cancer. See your doctor if natural remedies do not bring improvement.
Juniper-Geranium Bath Oil:
MAKES 10 TREATMENTS
Juniper and geranium essential oils are excellent remedies for rashes, hives, and other types of skin trouble.
- 5 Ounces Carrier Oil
- 10 Drops Juniper Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Geranium Essential Oil
- In a dark colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil along with juniper and geranium essential oils and shake well to blend.
- Draw a hot bath and add 1 tablespoon of blend to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery
- Repeat this treatment once a day until symptoms subside. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses
Soothing Helichrysum-Lavender Balm:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Both lavender and helichrysum essential oils have marvelous healing effects. They soothe itches, alleviate inflammation, and promote healing and the regeneration of healthy tissue. This simple balm is best when applied directly to skin. Individuals sensitive to these essential oils should dilute the balm with an equal amount of carrier oil.