| Randall Agee
Ear Infection fluid becomes trapped inside the middle ear. Symptoms include ear pain, redness and earaches. Use these natural remedies to treat minor ear infections and watch for signs the remedies are not working, including persistent fever and thick yellowish fluid coming from the ears. If an ear infection is getting worse rather than improving, see a doctor for antibiotics.
Treat with Tagetes:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Tagetes essential oil is a powerful antimicrobial agent that also brings relief by soothing the pain associated with ear infections.
- 1 Drop Tagetes Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Carrier Oil
- Using a clean glass dropper, pick up 1 drop each of tagetes essential oil and the carrier oil.
- Drip the oil into the affected ear canal.
- Lay on your opposite side or plug the outside of the ear canal with a cotton ball for 5 minutes after the treatment to prevent the oil from running out.
- Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a day until the ear returns to normal.
Earache Pain Relief Rub:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Clove essential oil penetrates and soothes to provide relief from pain. This treatment is wonderful for using alongside prescription antibiotics, as it offers comfort while you're waiting for the drugs to take effect. If the earache is accompanied by throat pain, combine 2 drops of clove essential oil with 1 tablespoon of water and gargle. Do not swallow the clove essential oil, and do not use the gargle with children younger than 12 years old.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Carrier Oil
- 2 Drops Clove Essential Oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil and clove essential oil, and stir to combine.
- Using your fingertips, apply the blend around the ear and neck, and massage it into the skin.
- Repeat this treatment every few hours as necessary.