| Randall Agee
Eczema is characterized by patches of red, itchy, inflamed skin. In most cases, itchiness precedes the flaking and rash, which typically appear on the legs, hands, face, and neck. In children, eczema may also affect the inner knees and elbows. Seek medical treatment if the condition does not improve within a week.
Calming Carrot Seed:
Carrot seed essential oil has both calming and antiseptic properties; it is ideal for many problematic skin conditions, including eczema. With regular use, your skin will become softer, smoother, and healthier.
- 2 Drops Carrot Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Jojoba Carrier Oil
- Using your fingertips, apply the carrot essential oil to the affected area, followed by the jojoba carrier oil.
- Repeat this treatment 1 or 2 times a day as needed.
MAKES I TREATMENT
Juniper and geranium essential oils soothe itchy, inflamed skin and promote healing, and the cool compress helps intensify their effects.
- 1 Pint Cold Water
- 4 Drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Juniper Essential Oil
- In a medium glass bowl, add the water along with the geranium and juniper essential oils.
- Submerge a towel in the water, wring it out, and apply the compress to the affected area. Leave the compress in place until it warms to body temperature.
- Repeat this treatment up to 4 times a day, using a fresh cloth each time, until the skin heals.