| Randall Agee
The flu is a viral infection that affects the lungs, throat, and sinuses. Its symptoms are much like those of the common cold, but they are often preceded by aches chill, and fever. The flu hits faster and harder than a cold doe. It typically begins with a run-down feeling whereas a cold normally starts with a sore throat or runny nose. Fortunately, many of the same essential oils that work well for colds are equally effective against the flu. In both cases, the faster you take action, the less severe your symptoms are likely to be and the sooner you'll feel better.
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil
- 6 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil along with the tea tree, lavender, and lemon essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Draw a hot bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day until the symptoms subside.
Eucalyptus essential oil can help stop the spread of the flu virus when diffused. It also helps reduce inflammation and discomfort in flu sufferers. Add 2 or 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a diffuser and place it in the room where you spend the most time. If you do not have a diffuser, blend 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil with 1/2 cup of water in a water bottle and spritz the mixture into the air. Repeat the spray every 30 minutes or so to help keep the air saturated with particles of essential oil.