| Randall Agee
Grief is a normal but painful process most people go through when a loved one dies or a relationship ends. Many people also experience deep grief following the loss of a companion animal. Essential oils can facilitate the grieving process by bringing comfort and relief.
Diffuse with Benzoin:
Benzoin essential oil calms the nervous system, comforting the bereaved and easing the emotional exhaustion that often accompanies the loss of a loved one. Its fragrance is slightly reminiscent of vanilla—sweet, warm, and welcoming. Diffuse benzoin essential oil in areas where people gather or where you spend the most time. You may also inhale its scent directly or place it in an aromatherapy pendant.
Relax with a Rose Bath:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Rose essential oil soothes depression, grief, nervous tension, stress, anger, and fear all emotions that are commonly felt during the grieving process. Help yourself through this difficult time by using rose essential oil in a variety of ways: diffuse it, use it like perfume, and relax with it while bathing
- 1 Tablespoon Carrier Oil
- 10 Drops Rose Essential Oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil and the rose essential oil, and stir to combine
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed.