| Randall Agee
Hair loss often accompanies stress, hormonal changes, illness, and childbirth; certain drugs and cosmetic procedures may contribute to the problem, as well. In some cases, such as in male pattern baldness, hair loss is genetic and inevitable; in other cases, natural remedies may help hair follicles resume normal hair production.
MAKES 24 TREATMENTS
Bay essential oil has long been used in hair tonics, mostly for its sweet, spicy scent. Because it is a strong antiseptic with astringent properties, it is useful for counteracting hair loss.
- 4 Ounces Water
- 24 Drops Bay Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle fitted with a spray top, add the water and bay essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Spray the blend onto wet or dry hair to stimulate hair growth, focusing on the scalp
- Repeat this treatment 2 times a day, Shake the bottle before each use
Melissa Hot Oil Treatment:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Melissa essential oil calms stress and eliminates bacteria. It can play a part in a natural hair restoration program so long as the cause is neither hormonal nor genetic.
- 2 Tablespoons Carrier Oil
- 6 Drops Melissa Essential Oil
- In a glass jar add the carrier oil and the melissa essential oil, and shake well to blend
- Place the jar inside a larger jar already filled with steaming hot water. After 5 minutes remove the small jar and test to make sure the mixture is warm and not too hot.
- Pour the mixture onto your hair, and massage it into your scalp
- Repeat this treatment once every 3 days until hair growth returns