| Randall Agee
Jock itch is caused by fungal growth in or on the groin's top layer of skin. Itching, burning, and a rash are usually present, and heat or tight clothing can exacerbate symptoms. Jock itch is extremely contagious, so it's important that you avoid contact with items others will touch or use. While essential oils provide fast relief in most cases, those with under-lying infections may require medical intervention.
Tea Tree Spray:
MAKES 24 TREATMENTS
Tea tree essential oil is the ideal weapon in your arsenal against jock itch, thanks to its powerful antifungal action.
- 4 Ounces Water
- 48 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle fitted with a spray top, add the water and tea tree essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Spray the affected area generously after showering. Allow the area to dry before dressing.
- Repeat this treatment up to 4 times a day until symptoms subside. Shake the bottle before each use.
Eucalyptus-Tea Tree Balm:
MAKES 12 TREATMENTS
Eucalyptus, lavender and tea tree essential oils come together to heal the sore, cracks skin that sometimes accompanies jock itch. At the same time, their antifungal action addresses the fungal infection that causes the ailment.
- 4 Tablespoon Carrier Oil
- 24 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 24 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 24 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil