| Randall Agee
Laryngitis is a throat infection in larynx or voice box that causes inflammation. The inflammation can result it hoarse and raspy voice. Laryngitis is often caused by cold or a flu, and sometimes a complication of acid reflux or irritation caused by allergies. It infects the throat quite quickly and it can last for two weeks or less. Do consult your doctor if the infection worsens or the infections last more than two weeks.
Cajeput Steam Treatment:
Cajeput oil has excellent qualities of being a strong analgesic, that can ease the pain, inflicted by laryngitis. Inhaling vapors directly from its aroma can cure laryngitis or you can also use it externally by making a warm bath and adding cajeput oil in it.
- 3 Cups of Hot Water
- 6 Drops of Cajeput Essential Oil
- Take a large bowl and add 3 cups of hot water and 6 drops of cajetput essential oil in it.
- Stir it so the elements can mix well
- Take a towel and cover your head with it
- Now inhale steam from the bowl by tenting your head against the bowl by towel
- Take fresh air when needed as steam can be exhausting
- Repeat this procedure after 2-3 hours until the symptoms start to decrease
Lemon Gargle for Laryngitis:
Lemon and niaouli have excellent traits of being anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and analgesic, which can be a powerful cure against inflammation caused by laryngitis.
- 1 Ounce of Warm Water
- 2 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 Drops of Niaouli Essential Oil
- Take a glass of water and add 1 ounce of water with 2 drops of lemon essential oil and 2 drops of niaouli essential oil.
- Stir Enough to mix well
- Gargle with the mixture for 30 seconds
- Don’t swallow the mixture as it can cause irritation and side effects
- Repeat this cure after 2-3 hours until the condition gets better.