| Randall Agee
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the immune system attacks the body’s tissues, leading to swelling, inflammation, fever, fatigue and a rash. Brain fog is often present, and patients often suffer from depression. Essential oils can help bring comfort and decrease symptoms. Use them with you caregiver’s approval.
Lemon Verbena Bath Oil:
MAKES 8 TREATMENTS
Lemon verbena essential oil stimulates the internal organs and relaxes the body and mind. You may also benefit by diffusing lemon verbena essential oil in the area where you spend the most time. Avoid sun exposure for at least 12 hours after using this treatment, as lemon verbena essential oil can cause photosensitivity.
- 4 Ounces Carrier Oil
- 20 Drops Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
- In a dark colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil and lemon verbena essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Draw a warm bath and add 1 teaspoon of the blend to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes, then rinse. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between use.
LIME MASSAGE OIL:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Lime essential oil does wonders for blue moods, lifting mental fog and lightening one's outlook on life. In addition, it is a powerful anti-inflammatory and immune support agent, relieving muscle and joint pain while revitalizing the body. You may also use this treatment in a bath by adding the full amount to a tubful of warm water and soaking for 15 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon Carrier Oil
- 6 Drops Lime Essential Oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil and lime essential oil, and stir to combine.
- Using your fingertips, apply the blend to the affected area, and massage it into the skin.
- Repeat this treatment once a day at bedtime.