| Randall Agee
Lyme disease is a tick-borne infection carried by deer ticks and western black-legged ticks. Remove ticks as soon as you spot them, as it normally takes at least 36 hours for an infected tick to spread Lyme disease to its host. Symptoms include sore joints and muscles, fever, headache, poor memory, flu-like symptoms, and a round, red rash; they can appear between three days and one month from the time of the bite. See your doctor and support your immune system with essential oils.
Lyme disease can cause life-long problems if left untreated. The skin, joints, heart, and nervous system can be damaged by a prolonged Lyme disease infection; facial paralysis, pain similar to arthritis, and numbness and tingling in the back, feet, and hands are common symptoms of untreated Lyme disease. Pain and other long-term problems can recur even months or years after the original tick bite
Rosemary essential oil has been proven to help increase mental clarity and improve retention making it the ideal tool for combating the mental fog that often accompanies Lyme disease. It also aids in eliminating fatigue and headaches, so make it go-to treatment for handling system. Diffuse rosemary essential is areas where you spend time, enjoy it in an aromatherapy pendant, or inhale the scent directly from the bottle as needed. Rosemary essential oil is not recommended for those with epilepsy or hypertension, or who are pregnant.
Soothing Immune-Booster Bath:
MAKES I TREATMENT
Lavender, lemon, and tea tree essential oils combine to help support the immune system while you are recovering from Lyme disease. They are particularly helpful immune in alleviating flu-like symptoms.
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil along with the tea tree, lavender, and lemon essential oils, and stir well to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it maybe slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day until symptoms subside.