| Randall Agee
Night sweats and difficulty sleeping, hot flashes, irritability, and irregular periods are among the chief symptoms of menopause. Essential oils offer relief from many of these symptoms, making it possible for many sufferers to avoid chemical-based treatments altogether. Be sure to continue preventive care, including breast cancer screening, during this time.
Diffuse Clary Sage:
Clary sage essential oil is highly regarded for its ability to ease stress, anxiety, irritability, and the feelings of discomfort that accompany menopause. Diffuse clary sage essential oil in the area where you spend the most time or carry it with you in an aromatherapy pendant to reap its rewards. You can also add 5 or 6 drops to a warm bath before bed to help ease symptoms.
Clary Sage-Geranium Massage:
MAKES 8 TREATMENTS
Clary sage and geranium essential oils come together in this delightful massage oil, easing tension, alleviating stress, and addressing feelings of depression. You may also use this treatment in a bath by adding 1 tablespoon of the blend to a tubful of warm water and soaking for 15 minutes. The lavender in this blend helps promote restful sleep; eliminate it if you use this massage oil anytime other than before bed.
- 4 Ounces Carrier Oil
- 16 Drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 16 Drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 16 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a dark colored glass bottle, and the carrier oil along with clary sage, geranium and lavender essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Using your fingertips, apply 1 tablespoon of the blend to the arms, legs, chest, back and abdomen, and massage it into the skin.
- Repeat this treatment 3 times a day.