| Randall Agee
During the six weeks following childbirth, your body is healing and adjusting to not being pregnant. Soreness, afterpains, and a small amount of bleeding may occur along with extreme tiredness. If you begin to feel depressed or feel like hurting yourself or your baby, seek treatment. Postpartum depression requires immediate intervention.
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Jasmine and rose essential oils support mental balance, help ease emotional stress, and soothe frayed nerves while promoting glowing skin and helping taxed tissues to heal.
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil along with the jasmine and rose essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment 1 or 2 times a day for 2 to 6 weeks after birth.
Perineum Care Spray:
MAKES 24 TREATMENTS
Frankincense, helichrysum, and lavender essential oils help sore or compromised perineum tissue heal faster while providing pain relief naturally.
- 4 Ounces Water
- 24 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 24 Drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 24 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle fitted with a spray top, add the water along with the frankincense, helichrysum, and lavender essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Spray the affected area generously.
- Repeat this treatment as needed until healed. Shake the bottle before each use.