| Randall Agee
Psoriasis is typically characterized by bright red, raised patches of skin covered with loose white to silver scales, normally on the elbows, knees, or back. Bleeding, crusting, and severe itching are common, and in some cases, pitted or discolored nails occur. Seek medical intervention as soon as you notice signs of psoriasis, as early treatment can prevent the problem from becoming worse. In addition, seek treatment if you notice red streaks, more pain, swelling, or redness than normal, or the formation of pus. Use essential oil as a complementary therapy with your doctor's approval.
Neat Carrot Seed Treatment:
Carrot seed essential oil detoxifies the skin, adds elasticity, and stimulates healthy regrowth of damaged tissue. At the same time, it soothes the pain psoriasis brings with it. Apply a small amount of carrot seed essential oil to the affected areas, either using your fingertips or a cotton pad. Repeat this treatment at least 2 times a day to promote healing.
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Juniper essential oil is a strong antiseptic and astringent, which helps ease the pain and discomfort of psoriasis while promoting healing.
- 1 Tablespoon Carrier Oil
- 7 Drops Juniper Essential Oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil and juniper essential oil, and stir to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment up to 3 times a day until symptoms subside.