| Randall Agee
Radiation therapy can cause a number of side effects, raging from nausea and fatigue to hair loss and skin problems. Essential oils are not meant to replace radiation therapy; instead they are tools you can use to bring comfort and reduce the stress that can make side effects worse.
Frankincense essential oil has a strongly positive effect on the mind, helping alleviate anxiety and ward off depression. It can help you stop focusing on fear and pay more attention to the good thigs in life. Diffuse frankincense essential oil in the area where you spend most time and consider carrying it with you in an aromatherapy pendant. You can also add 2 or 3 drops to your bath where as an added benefit, the essential oil helps keep compromised skin supple.
MAKES 8 TREATMENTS
Geranium and rose essential oils nourish skin and promote increased elasticity while their fragrances soothe and uplift the mind. This treatment will not stop radiation or chemotherapy from changing your skin, but it can help you deal with the changes that occur.
- 4 Ounces Carrier Oil
- 16 Drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 16 Drops Rose Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil along with the geranium and rose essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Using your fingertips, apply 1 tablespoon to the body after bathing or showering, and massage it into the skin.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed.