| Randall Agee
Rheumatoid Arthritis is accompanied by symptoms that include joint stiffness, painful joints, fever and fatigue. Essential oils can bring comfort and replace some pain medications, particularly in mild cases. See your doctor if home treatment is not helping or symptoms are becoming worse.
Juniper essential oil is an effective antirheumatic, which helps alleviate the pain of swollen joints and sore muscles.
- 8 Drops of Juniper Essential Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Carrier Oil
- 1 Pint Hot Water
- Using your fingertips, apply the juniper essential oil to sore muscles, followed by the carrier oil
- In a medium glass bowl, add the hot water
- Submerge a towel in the water, wring it out, and apply the compress to the affected area. Layer plastic wrap on the top of the compress to keep the essential oil vapors from evaporating. Leave the compress in the place until it warms to body temperature.
- Repeat this treatment up to 3 times a day as needed.
Vetiver and Ylang-Ylang Bath:
Vetiver essential oil is a potent antirheumatic, easing pain, soothing the mind, and dispelling worry. Ylang-ylang essential oil promotes feelings of overall well-being while giving this bath a lovely fragrance.
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil
- 6 drops vetiver essential oil
- 6 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the carrier oil along with the vetiver and ylang-ylang essential oils, and stir to combine.
- Draw a warm bath and add the entire treatment to the running water.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes. Use caution when getting out of the bathtub, as it may be slippery.
- Repeat this treatment once a day as needed.