| Taimoor Ghani
Scalp Psoriasis produces raised patches of scaly, reddish skin that sometimes affects only the scalp, forehead, behind the ears, and the back of the neck. Usually mild to moderate, scalp psoriasis tends to respond well to treatment with essential oils. In severe cases with crusted lesions and infection, you may need to see your doctor for a stronger remedy.
Carrot Seed Hot Oil Treatment:
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Carrot seed essential oil promotes healing, rejuvenating and stimulating skin while fighting psoriasis and other painful, itchy conditions.
1 Tablespoon Carrier Oil
10 Drops Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- In a dark-colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil and carrot seed essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Set the bottle in a larger container filled with 1 inch of hot water and leave it there for 5 minutes to warm the oil.
- Pour the entire blend over damp hair, and massage it gently into the skin.
- Leave the treatment in place for at least 30 minutes, then shampoo, condition, and style your hair as usual.
- Repeat this treatment up to 3 times a day until symptoms subside.
Juniper Scalp Spritz:
MAKES 24 TREATMENTS
Juniper essential oil helps to stop the pain and itching associated with scalp psoriasis while promoting healing.
- 4 Ounces Water
- 24 Drops Juniper Essential Oil
- In a dark colored glass bottle fitted with a spray top, add the water and juniper essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Spray the blend on the affected area after washing the hair. Allow the hair to dry and style as usual.
- Repeat this treatment 2 times a day until symptoms subside.