| Randall Agee
Tinnitus or ringing in the ears can be a symptom of an underlying illness or it may be caused by something as simple as built-up earwax. Often, tinnitus goes away by itself within a few days. If your symptoms last for more than two weeks, or if you have a fever or ear drainage, see your doctor. You should also seek treatment if tinnitus happens right after a head injury occurs.
Neat Helichrysum Treatment:
Helichrysum essential oil stops inflammation and may help ease tinnitus symptoms. Apply 1 drop of helichrysum essential oil on each of 2 cotton balls. Place 1 cotton ball in each ear and leave them in place for up to 2 hours. Repeat this treatment as needed.
MAKES 1 TREATMENT
Basil and frankincense essential oils penetrate the ears and help stop discomfort associated with tinnitus. Their fragrances help ease anxiety and stress, which may, in turn, help speed relief.
- 2 Drops Basil Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- In the palm of your hand, add the basil and frankincense essential oils.
- Using your fingertips, apply the blend to the backs of your ears and to the portion of your jawline directly beneath the ears.
- Repeat this treatment every 2 to 3 hours until the ringing subsides.