Peppermint (Pudina) Premium Essential Oil
Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
With its clean, crisp fragrance and its ability to freshen breath naturally, peppermint is a favorite with people everywhere. Peppermint essential oil is often listed as one of the most useful essential oils available, and its ability to address a wide range of ailments makes it a valuable addition to your natural medicine cabinet.
- Use in the bath or shower for absorption and aromatherapy benefits
- Diffuse for aromatherapy benefits
- Massage, diluted, for physical ailments
- Use neat for a headache and severe muscle pain and stiffness
- Use with compress for muscle pain and stiffness
- Black pepper
- Lemon eucalyptus
- Rose geranium
- Tea tree
Peppermint essential oil can be a dermal irritant for sensitive individuals. Conduct a patch test before use. Peppermint essential oil irritates the mucus membranes. This essential oil helps in some cases of indigestion, but it can make acid reflux, GERD and heartburn worse in many instances. Those with epilepsy should avoid peppermint essential oil. Because it can stimulate menstrual flow, pregnant women should avoid peppermint essential oil.
- Avoid contact with mucus membranes.
- Do not use if you are pregnant.
- Do not use if you have epilepsy.
- May cause skin irritation.
- Not safe for children under 6.
Repel Insects naturally with peppermint: “Several studies published by the U.S National Library of Medicine show that peppermint is effective in repelling insects, including flies. One study in the Medical and Veterinary Entomology journal showed that dairy cattle, which normally attract high numbers of flies, experienced a 75 percent reduction in fly activity when treated with a solution made of sunflower oil and peppermint essential oil”.
- Insect repellent
- Intestinal Parasites
- Mental alertness
- Muscle Pain and stiffness
- Sinus infection